What a delightful treat to discover the Calming Park Candles. I have been praising them to my friends and family for a while now. I spoke about the beauty of these candles, packaging and scents. Instead of being made up of the standard paraffin wax and synthetic fragrances. The Calming Park candles are made of organic palm wax and paraffin with a 12% perfume concentration. The oil enables the wax to burn consistently. You will not be left with a shell of wax around the edge of the glass. The scent they give is wonderful and leaves the space with a deep yet delicate perfume. The burning time of Calming Park candles is 40 h.
Table of Contents
What is the Calming Park Candles Line?
The Calming Park candle line is made in Grasse, France, the world capital of perfume. They are made of organic palm wax and paraffin with a 12% perfume concentration. The brand was conceived in 2006 by Olivier Rohrbach, the swiss music designer and journalist. Calming Park has collaborated with well-known brands, like Omega, and Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts. Yoox Net–A–Porter Group, H&M Home, The White Briefs, TOD’S and singer Melody Gardot among others. What distinguished the brand are aesthetic designs, high quality and affordability within the luxury sector.
Speaking about luxury candles and scented candles surely you would like to have a bigger picture of this field, so I answered a few questions below.
What is considered a luxury candle?
Luxury candles tend to use higher-end alternatives to paraffin. For example coconut wax, beeswax, and soy wax. This kind of candle burns slower than paraffin and allows you to enjoy the aroma up to 50% longer.
What candles are good for calming?
To help with stress relief it’s good to choose a candle that you like according to your personal choice. I love Oud scents and they relax me and calm my nerves. However, there are some universal scents, that are considered to help with stress and anxiety.
- clary sage
You can search for these ingredients in your candles.
The fragrance of luxury candles.
What you need to be aware of when you want to fill your space with the most beautiful perfume.
- If the space is bigger then you will need more candles or larger ones.
- A candle wax with a higher melt point will result in a much more intense fragrance
- The more perfume mixed into the wax, the stronger and longer-lasting the fragrance. That is why you need to look for a higher percentage of perfume. This is usually found in more expensive candles.
What are the scents in Calming Park Candles Range?
Calming Park Candles have their standard range and also limited editions. Some editions are made in collaborations with hotels or personalities. They all have stunning scents and packaging that will elevate your coffee table game. Some standard scents that you can find in the Calming Park Range are:
- CACTUS – It’s a calming note. Breathe the purity of water flowers, aloe vera and sage, wrapped by a woody scent.
- CASHMERE – Distant memories of voyages to India brought near by the scent of patchouli and cedarwood, combined with exotic and precious balms such as myrrh, amber and musk.
- FIG-BAMBOO – Manicured grass, its fresh smell, with green fig leaves and calming bamboo will lead you on a soothing journey.
- SEQUOIA – The relaxing scent of sandalwood meets the warm notes of amber, cinnamon and clove, spiced up by the exotic accents of cashmeran, dry wood and cedar.
- SPA DE PROVENCE – The fragrance of the morning haze in a Provence garden, the purity of orange blossom and petitgrain meet the mesmerizing bergamot, pomelo and tea leaves.
Some limited edition scents are wonderful.
- OUD – A vibrant tradition of the Middle East, with amber, oud and santal woods.
- Limited edition of Four Seasons Dedicated scent @fourseasons Head in the Clouds candle made for a resort in the Maldives. You can find lemongrass, clove vanilla and lavender in this scent.
- Green – Freshly-cut grass, green leaves, white flowers. A fresh and energizing scent.
Calming Park has so many scents to choose from. Choosing the right candle it’s an experience that you will love.
How to burn a candle all the way down?
Step 1: The First Lighting Of The Luxury Candle
This is a very important step in the candle’s life, so you should dedicate some time to it. You should observe how the candle is melting. It has to develop a full melt pool, which means that the whole surface should melt. If possible you should extinguish the wick with a sniffer to ensure that in the future candle will burn cleanly.
Step 2: Invest In A Wick Trimmer
It’s an important element in a life of a luxury candle. Trim the wick to 4mm after the first use and again after each burn.
Step 3: Good Luxury Candle Burning Habits
Avoid burning the last centimetre of wax, this will protect the candle container from cracking. You should not burn a candle for longer than 4 hours at each time.
My favourite scents from Calming Park.
I must say that it was not easy for me to choose my favourite scent, however, currently, the 2 that I am obsessed with are.:
I like the sophisticated packaging of the Black Edition of Calming Park. It is the result of our collaboration with Homework.
A creative studio based in Copenhagen, specializing in brand expression and communication within fashion, beauty, art, design and luxury.
Spa de Provence is part of a regular collection and as the description says it’s ideal for morning to afternoon time:
The fragrance of the morning haze in a Provence garden, the purity of orange blossom and petitgrain meet the mesmerizing bergamot, pomelo and tea leaves.
New launch at Calming Park: candle Green.
This candle is a result of a collaboration between Calming Park and Lisboa-based designer Joana Areal. The inspiration for this candle was the imagery of a vintage golf course.
The vastness of golf courses and the freshness of a greener-than-ever nature embody this new scent. Fresh-cut grass, galbanum, green leaves, reeds, and white flowers, complemented by musky woody notes.
I hope that you loved discovering this wonderful candle brand from Switzerland. These luxury candles are just a perfect addition to any home. Ideal as a perfect gift or a treat for yourself. To your bedroom or a living room. I even burn them in my son’s room as he loves them too. Have you tried Calming Park candles and if so, what is your favourite scent?
For more lifestyle articles please click here.
As always with love
Bella Zofia xx